Electrocardiography (EKG) technicians are vital members of any healthcare team. If you want to join the booming healthcare industry as an EKG tech, this in-depth course will train you to apply, monitor, and measure electrocardiography tests in a flexible, online learning environment. You will also learn key subjects needed to earn a nationally recognized EKG technician certification, such as measuring basic vital signs, performing rapid response procedures, operating an EKG machine, and identifying rhythms. By course completion, you will be prepared to take and pass the Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) certification exam, offered by American Education Certification Association and the Certified EKG Technician (CET), provided by the National Healthcareer Association.
To sign up for this course visit: https://careertraining.ed2go.com/ulm/
This course offers enrollment with a voucher for either the Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) certification exam or the Certified EKG Technician (CET) certification exam. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility. However, please research your state's requirements before enrollment to ensure this course is the right fit for you.
Disclaimer: To qualify for the externship applications process, students must successfully complete the online course content and have account balances up to date (at a minimum). Going through the externship application process does not guarantee an externship. COVID may be affecting the externship process or site availability in your area. Students can begin researching the steps of the application process 2 weeks prior to completing courses.
What you will learn
- Concepts of cardiac anatomy and physiology, infection control and standard precautions, communication and legal issues in healthcare, history of electrocardiography
- Electrocardiography, electrocardiography interpretation of various types of EKGs
- Application theory of EKGs, application procedure of EKGs
How you will benefit
- You will learn the theoretical knowledge of an EKG Technician
- You will be prepared to sit for the provisional Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) exam, offered by American Education Certification Association or utilize the included Externship Starter Kit to qualify for a full Certified EKG Technician (CET) certification offered by the National Healthcareer Association
- You may work with physicians/doctors, nurses, and other healthcare related professionals
- Assistance from our Externship Coordinator and access to our Externship Starter Kit
- The exam voucher option for either the Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) exam or the Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours