Learn how to profit from your experiences in exotic lands by learning how to write and sell travel articles and books. This course will teach you how to develop the skills of a travel writer so you can translate sensory experiences into publishable writing.
In this course you will learn how to develop the skills of a travel writer. You will learn how to translate what is seen, heard, tasted, touched, smelled and felt (intuitively and physically) into publishable articles and books. You will understand the writing styles and methods needed to sell material in today's competitive market. You will learn about popular styles and types of travel writing that are the friendliest to new writers. Other topics of the workshop include; how to write query letters, how to produce articles, essays and books, trends in types of articles and books, grammar and writing skills refreshers, and marketing information.
By the end of the course, you will have the ability to write for the travel market. So pack your sense of adventure, organize your determination and put your keyboard in a comfortable position. If you have a desire to write and yearn to travel, you are a perfect candidate to become a travel writer.
What you will learn
- Learn how to translate what is seen, heard, tasted, touched, smelled and felt (intuitively and physically) into publishable articles and books
- Understand the writing styles and methods needed to sell material in today's competitive market
- Learn about popular styles and types of travel writing that are the friendliest to new writers
- Understand how to write query letters
- Learn how to how to produce articles, essays and books
How you will benefit
- Feel confident in your ability to write for the travel market
- Open the door to new opportunities as a full-time or freelance travel writer
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led online course
- 6 Weeks access
- 24 course hours
This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
PC: Windows 8 or later.
Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.